How to choose a sprocket chain
1. When choosing a roller chain, the following 7 conditions should be grasped
2. Determine the use factor
According to the type of the machine to be driven and the prime mover, the usage factor is determined by the usage factor table (Table 1).
3. Determine the compensation transmission force (kW)
The transmission power (kW) is compensated using the service factor.
When K single-row chain, E compensation transmission force (kW) = transmission force (kW)
K multi-row chain
E According to the multi-series series
4. Select the number of chain and sprocket teeth
5. Select the number of teeth on the large sprocket
6. Check the shaft diameter
7. Axle spacing of sprockets
8. Calculate the length of the chain and the distance between the shafts of the sprockets
Lp : Chain length in number of links
N1 : Number of teeth of large sprocket
N2 : Number of teeth of small sprocket
Cp: The distance between the centers of the shafts expressed by the number of chain links: ≈3.14
(1) Calculate the length of the chain (when the number of teeth N1, N2 of the sprocket and the center distance Cp between the shafts have been determined)
*Please round up the value below the decimal point of Lp.
(2) When the number of teeth N1, N2 of the sprocket and the length of the chain Lp have been determined)
ISelection example using general selection method
When the compressor is driven by an electric motor (motor) of 3.7kW and 1,000r/min.
 Grasp the conditions of use
 Determine the usage factor
 Determine the compensation transmission force (kW)
 Select the number of teeth for the chain and sprocket