gearversusSprocketThe main differences are:
1. The gear has an involute tooth shape, while the sprocket has a "three-arc straight line" tooth shape.
2. The gear can realize the transmission between parallel shafts and any interleaved shafts, while the sprocket can only realize the transmission between parallel shafts.
3. The gear transmission structure is compact, and the sprocket can realize long-distance transmission.
4. The gear is driven by the meshing of the teeth of the two gears, and the transmission between the two sprockets is realized by the chain.
5. The torque transmitted by the gear is larger than that of the sprocket.
6. Gear processing accuracy and installation cost are higher than sprocket.
7. Chain transmission is suitable for transmission with large center distance, and has the characteristics of light weight and low cost;
8. The machining accuracy, installation accuracy and center distance accuracy of the chain and sprocket in the chain drive are lower than the requirements of the gear, and it is easier to change the parameters (transmission ratio, center distance, etc.) of the existing chain drive. Simple and convenient maintenance;
9. Under normal circumstances, the chain drive has the characteristics of high sprocket teeth meshing with the chain at the same time, the sprocket tooth slot arc is large, and the gear stress concentration is small. Therefore, the chain drive has a large bearing capacity, and the wheel The tooth surface wear is also relatively light;
10. Because ofChainIt has good elasticity, and each hinge part of the chain can store lubricating oil. Therefore, compared with the gear teeth in rigid contact, it has better buffering ability and vibration-absorbing ability;
11. When the transmission capacity is limited by space, the center distance is required to be small, the instantaneous transmission ratio is required to be constant, or the transmission ratio is required to be too large, the rotational speed is extremely high, and the noise requirement is small, the performance of the chain transmission is not as good as the gear transmission.